The Plan Document Analyst is responsible for the review, development and creation of Health benefit plans for new and existing clients. Strong collaboration skills are required as a Plan Documents Analyst is required to coordinate internal and external requests.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrate ability to work independently with excellent judgment.
· Ability to “prioritize” workflow while being able to handle “multiple tasks” and stay organized.
· Knowledge of HIPAA and claims processing administration.
· Ability to interpret and apply health plan document provisions.
· Computer proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis in Excel.
· Create, write, review and edit SPD, restatements, changes, revisions, SBC, JAA grid, BSS, benefits summaries for client groups/brokers.
· Provide consultation to business partners on benefit and language interpretation.
· Review existing plan documents, update with regulatory language, and offer plan design suggestions to client/broker to coincide with Company procedures and processes; create amendments to plan.
· Liaise with Account Management, Plan Building, IS, Claims, Training and Quality Assurance departments regarding policy and procedures for claims process, determine how benefits are applied, etc.
· Coordinate general implementation meetings; respond to inquiries and resolve issues regarding plan provisions and regulatory updates.
· Deliver high-quality documentation ensuring department standards are met with a focus on spelling, grammar and formatting.
· Review and proofread plan documents created by other team members.
· High school graduation or equivalent (GED)
· Prior experience with self-funded health plan development and implementation, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience drafting plan documents, amendments, summary plan descriptions and SBCs a plus.
For more than 25 years, HealthComp has been dedicated to transforming benefits administration. With over 500,000 covered members and 400+ clients, HealthComp is one of the nation’s leading independent health plan administrators for self-funded employer groups. Bringing together concierge-level service, operational excellence, powerful analytics and cost management, HealthComp has built a solution that integrates seamlessly with any benefits ecosystem. HealthComp has offices in California, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, West Virginia and Pennsylvania. For more information, visit healthcomp.com.