Apply Now – Paid Training Starts October 25th
The Call Center Agent is responsible for handling inbound calls from health plan members with questions about their benefits. including medical, dental, and vision .You will identify and resolve employee questions and concerns by researching plan documents your communications with employees will be on the phone and through written communication. Our agents must possess a professional demeanor, excellent customer service skills and a desire to help our health plan members navigate their health plan benefits to get the care they need.
• Computer proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word/Excel required
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Professional telephone presence including excellent listening skills
• Strong interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with medical personnel and employees
• Analytical and problem solving skills necessary to identify and resolve issues
• Ability to maintain a very high level of confidentiality
• Able to successfully handle competing priorities
• Answer phone inquiries regarding health care coverage, eligibility for benefits, account status, claims, billing, address changes, and benefits verification.
• Utilize reference material and fee schedules to obtain accurate information.
• Contacting sources within or outside the organization to obtain information.
• Identify and determining action to be taken in order to resolve a variety of problems.
• Prepare or initiate a variety of correspondence and documents to respond to inquiries or to adjust records.
• Prepare routine reports and document all phone inquiries in patient notes.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate diplomacy and tact while interacting with all levels within and outside of the organization
• Maintain composure under pressure situations
• Must be 18 years or older
• High School Diploma or GED
• Authorization to work in the United States
• A minimum of one year experience in a call center
• Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10 codes preferred
• Bilingual helpful but not required
• Internet services – require minimum connection of 10Mbps upload and download speed and Jitter less than 30ms. A DSL or cable internet connection is required. (A satellite connection will not work properly due to latency.)
With over 450,000 covered members and 400+ clients, HealthComp is the nation’s largest leading independent health plan administrator for self-funded employer groups. HealthComp has been dedicated to transforming benefits administration for over 25 years. Bringing together concierge-level service, operational excellence, powerful analytics and cost management, our solution integrates seamlessly with any benefits ecosystem. HealthComp has offices in California, Illinois, West Virginia and Pennsylvania. For more information, visit HealthComp.com.